New Project – Korg Delta DL-50 – Part 1 [Introduction]
I just picked up a Korg Delta for peanuts on Gumtree. Of course, it has a few issues:
- Broken “Phones” Jack
- Only works in Band pass mode, not Low pass
- Resonance doesn’t work.
- All A# keys fail to sound.
- Broken Joystick & casing
- Cosmetic issues: missing fader caps and a damaged slider
My (admittedly minimal) research has resulted in the following:
- There’s a common problem with the filters on these machines – the capacitors dry out. It’s a fairly simple job to swap out four capacitors (and maybe the LM13600 chips as well, since you are already in there). I took the lazy solution and ordered a kit from a guy in Portugal on eBay. This should sort out the filter issues. There’s a great video by Markusfuller on YouTube which deals with pretty much this exact issue.
- The same guy in Portugal advised me to look at the SC10430 divider chips before I start poking about with the AY-3-0214 (Top Octave Chip). It’s likely that one has failed, and I can prove that by swapping the other SC10430s around – the fault should move with the chip.
- A simple jack-socket replacement should fix the output issue. I’ve just bought a couple of different ones from Maplins.
I found a great site on WordPress.Com about the Korg Lambda, which is similar to the Delta in some ways I think.. I’ve been on there in the past, as I notice I made some comments on the CS-5 thread..
I’ll keep you updated with how I get on..
Here are some useful links: